Composed of an outer sleeve and an inner straw. For making the insertion of the inner straw into the outer sleeve easier, the tip of the inner straw is marked with a red dot and the edge of the outer sleeve is marked with a black ring. Egg/embryo is loaded at the tip of the inner straw, just next to the red dot. The proximal end of the inner straw is designed for easy identification writing or a printed identification label pasting. US Pat. D727,527 S
Vitristraw is available in 6 different colors.
1. After dehydration, load egg/embryo at the tip of the inner straw, just next to the red dot.
2. Insert the inner straw into the outer sleeve.
3. Rotate the inner straw clockwise until the inner straw properly fit the outer sleeve.
4. Immerse the Vitristraw into liquid nitrogen and transfer to a storage tank.
1. Remove Vitristraw from a storage tank to a liquid nitrogen container and keep bottom ½ in liquid nitrogen all the time.
2. Use two fingers to hold the top end of the outer sleeve to warm it up for several seconds.
3. Rotate the inner straw counter-clockwise to loose it from the outer sleeve.
4. Pull out the inner straw and immerse the tip in thawing medium and release egg/embryo.